Community Action for Sustainable Development
Who We Are
As a community-based organization, we want to make, develop and integrate communities where youth, women, and children realize their full potentials that enables them to facilitate sustainable change.
CASD-SL is committed to advancing sustainable economic development, empowerment, and independence for disadvantage communities in rural areas of Sierra Leone.
Goals and Objectives
1. To promote basic and holistic transformational development services through agriculture, education, mentorship aimed at reducing “extreme hunger, poverty, illiteracy and injustice.
2. To promote sound gender equality, human rights, democracy and good governance in the rural communities.
3. To encourage provision of accessible learning centers for alternative education and literature and comprehensive health care services to poverty-stricken communities.
4. To build and encourage women and youth employment; enterprises scheme and inter-cultural mutual bond communications that build peace and harmony between communities.
5. To partner with local, national, regional, international charities, institutions, foundations, individuals, donors and UN agencies to achieve holistic transformation in sharing skills and knowledge pertaining to community welfare and development
Male Engagement Against Sexual and Gender-Based Violence In Post-Conflict Sierra Leone
Gender-based violence (GBV) is a serious and urgent concern. An estimated 62 percent of women aged 15–49 report having experienced physical or sexual violence, according to the 2019 SLDHS. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was feared that the rates of GBV, which were already unacceptably high in Sierra Leone, would be exacerbated. Sixty-one percent of ever-married women age 15-49 have experienced spousal violence whether physical, sexual, or emotional by their husband or partner.
Credit Photos: Annie Spratt - Sierra Leone
Int. Partnerships & Grant Coordinator
13 Amara Kanneh Street
Southern Region, Bo
Community Action for Sustainable Development Sierra Leone- CASD-SL
Account No: 03-1017848
IBAN : 002003002101784896
Name of Bank : Rokel Commercial Bank
SWIFT CODE/BIC: RCBKSLFR
We Make Fundraising Easy
We Strive to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals